Years of Experience
Awards, Certifications, and Certificates
This blog will also include tips, resources, and other juicy things for everyone to use. I hope my experiences will also be in handy when it comes to learning new things.
Let me introduce myself to you :)
- I am married to a wonderful man BugBot, whom occasionally calls himself Fruitf.
- I have lots of hobbies from activism, and promoting a better community, to traveling the world.
- I am also really keen on photography, videogames, learning new languages and cultures, as well as meeting new people and learning and sharing experiences with them.
- I currently speak two languages fluently (English, and Dutch)
One of my biggest career goals is to begin a new adventure into Application Security. I am also very fond of breaking things, and love pentesting applications and websites.
My Major Accomplishments
- I was a DEF CON village lead for Application Security Village, and I ran the DEF CON App Sec New Years event.
- I stayed up 50 hours straight for Hack-A-Sat (That took determiniation, and four 750ml espressos!)
- Started a mentorship :)
- Began teaching the basics of cyber security, and privacy to beginners.
- Actively participating in Tracelabs, and found 21 instances of information that helped law enforcement.
- Made my first working program in Python! Its a port scanner.
- Made an infosec blog, to give back to the community.
- Run the community Digital Overdose, to help beginners get their foot in the door with cyber security
Former Employment, Volunteer Work, ectera:
- Freelance web developer, programmer, and pentester: October 2018-Present
- Former Au Pair: August 2019-2020
- Assistant Manager, The Perfume Gallery: July 2018-September 2018
- DEF CON Application Security Village Lead: August 2020-Present.
- Became the WoSEC Amsterdam Chapter Leader 2021-Present.
- Became an OWASP Member!
- Gave a talk to aspiring young women about cyber security at Young Women in Leadership's Winter Summit
- Did a magazine interview with InfoSecurity Magezine.
- Women in Tech Community Member: the Netherlands Chapter
- Global Citizen Volunteer: September 2019-Present
- Former Naval Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps Cadet: August 2014- May 2018
- Volunteer Verified Listener @ 7cupsoftea.com: October 2016-July2020
Previous Education, Certifications, and more:
- Highschool Diploma
- Cyber Security Awareness Training - Eric Schwartzman
- Social Engineering and OSINT course - Gabriel Avramescu
- Practical Ethical Hacking Course - Heath Adams
- Linux Privilege Escalation Course - Heath Adams
- Python for Penetration Testers Course - Cristi Zot
- Threat Modeling Course - James Bore
Presently attending University of Amsterdam of Applied Sciences pursing a bachelor's degree in cyber security.
Soft and Hard Skills:
- Programming in Python and Ruby - Intermediate
- Adequate knowledge of DevSecOps
- Proficient and comfortable using Linux enviroments such as Ubuntu, Debian and Arch.
- Familiar with Discourse forum software
- Knowledgeable in informational security
- Native English Speaker, C1 Level Dutch Speaker.
- Excellent communicator, can give and receive feedback well.
- Ambitious, outside of the box thinker, difficult problems require quick, creative solutions.
- Fast learner, able to pick up new skills swiftly.
- Type at 78 words per minute with 96% accuracy.
- Exceptional Organisational skills.
- Work well in high pressure enviroments, and have incredible flexibility.
Awards and Hobbies:
I earned a plethora of NJROTC awards from my time volunteering there. My rank when departing with the program was a Cadet Lieutenet Junior Grade as the Morale Welfare and Recreational Officer, and my highest position held during my 2nd year within the program was Company Master Chief Petty Officer. I was also on quite a few respectable teams within NJROTC, including but not limited to the Community Services Team, Staff, Academic Team, and Orienteering Team. Other awards I've won:
- 21 Ribbons
- 13 Medals
- 2 Aiguillettes
- 9 Certificates from various organisations, including the city of Phoenix.
My involvement in the infosec community:
My various involvement in the cyber security and informational security: